Football from the very beginning has always had naturally talented strikers who could do the splendid and unbelievable with the ball, especially when they are not too far from the goal post.
The English Premier League as we all know is made of classic and quality football, and so it takes skill and hardwork to adapt and remain top as a striker for any top club in the league.
Below, we would analyze the profile of top English Premier League strikers in the last twenty years. The below list is not arranged, or listed in any particular category, ranking or rating.
Top English Premier League Strikers of The Last Twenty years.
1. Didier Drogba
2. Sergio Aguero
3. Liuz Suarez
4. Thierry Henry
5. Diego Costa
1. Didier Drogba: Any lover of the English Premier League must have heard about the mind overwhelming records and triumph of the legendary Ivory Coast striker, Didier Drogba, who enjoyed his stay in Chelsea FC winning as many trophies as possible including the memorable Chelsea’s UEFA Champions League trophy in 2012.
Drogba was a difficult nut to crack, especially for formidable defense mechanisms of top teams in EPL like, Manchester United, Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City, including top teams in other European leagues like Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Napoli. He was invincible, phenomenal, and clinical in front of the goal post.
Didier Drogba’s heading skills propelled him to score an important equalizing goal against Bayern Munich in 2012 UEFA Champions League final, which paved a way with which Chelsea FC won the trophy for the first time in history. No old Chelsea fan will forget that equalizing goal against Bayern Munich in a hurry.
Drogba’s Individual Awards Plus The Prestigious Trophies He Won
• Two European Golden boots (Season: 2006/2007 and 2009/2010).
• Four Premier League trophies (season: 2004/2005, 2005/2006, 2009/2010 and 2014/2015).
• One memorable UEFA Champions League trophy (season: 2011/2012).
• Two time African best player of the year (2006 and 2009)
• Four English FA Cup trophies ( 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2012).
• One-time winner of Turkish league (season: 2012/2013).
2. Sergio Aguero: There is his natural connection between South Americans and skillful football. Infact, over the years, alot of extremely skilled players and strikers have been a product of the South American Continent. Strikers like the great Pele, Ronaldo Berima e.t.c were from the South American Continent. Aguero is beyond all reasonable doubts one of the greatest strikers from Argentina and South America to play the beautiful game of football.
Often times, Aguero’s moves with the ball are unpredictable even with his age, the velocity of his shots are sometimes equal to that of bullets. Lol. What can one say about his short killer passes and outside 18-yard box goals? Absolutely mind blowing and sensational, right? Sergio Aguero is a goal machine and no good football fan or sports analyst will say otherwise.
Aguero has been a star striker for Manchester City and over the years his goal contributions have helped the club bag in as many goals as possible. Hence, he is considered one of the best strikers to play in the English Premier League.
Sergio Aguero’s Premier League Records
• Currently has 180 goals in 264 appearances
• 46 Premier League assists.
• One golden boot award (2014/2015).
• Four Premier League trophies (2012, 2014, 2018 and 2019).
• Seven time Premier League player of the month ( October 2013, November 2014, January 2016, April 2016, January 2018, February 2019 and January 2020)
3. Liuz Suarez: The aggressive Uruguay striker, Liuz Suarez, actually left Liverpool and English Premier League for La-liga and Barcelona, but before he left, he made his mark and wrote his name in gold on the record books of the EPl.
Liuz Suarez netted an amazing number of 69 goals in his first one hundred and ten appearances as a striker in the EPL. His time in Liverpool was not bad, even though he didn’t win the EPL or Champions League with Liverpool. His tricks, skills and positioning around the keepers box is usually difficult to counter.
Liuz Suarez Exceptional Records in EPL
• One golden boot award (2013/2014)
• Best player of the season (2013/2014)
• 69 goals in 110 appearances.
• Two time player of the month(December 2013 and March 2014)
4. Thierry Henry: No matter how people look down on Arsenal today, we cannot deny that Arsenal is a top notch European club side, and they were once an invincible team in the EPL.
Thierry Henry played an exceptional role as Arsenal’s forward during some of their glorious seasons. He was instrumental in their 2002/2003 season victory in the English Premier League. The superb nutmeging skills with which he used in beating goal keepers on most of his one on one meetings with them was world class.
Henry’s Outstanding Premier League Records
• Two Premier League trophies (2002 and 2004)
• Double time Premier League player of the season. (2004 and 2006)
• Four golden boot awards (2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006)
5. Diego Costa: Even though Diego Costa is stubborn and hard headed, his goal contributions as a striker in Chelsea is commendable and record worthy as well.
Costa had a splendid football season during his time under Antonio Conte, who is the former Chelsea’s head coach before Sarri. At least Diego Costa was able to win the Prestigious Premier League trophy. Courtesy of his good striking skills.
His Individual Award, records and trophies in the EPL
• 52 goals in English Premier League in 89 appearances.
• 16 assists in the EPL.
• Two time Premier League champion. (2015 and 2017).
• Won Premier League player of the month twice. (August 2014 and November 2017)